Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shiro Ajisaka; Headquarters: Saitama City), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the development of a new telephoto zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras, the 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD (Model A047).
While Tamron has manufactured many popular telephoto zoom lenses that extend to 300mm for DSLR cameras, the newly released 70-300mm F4.5-6.3 is the first model designed for full-frame mirrorless cameras. Developed with the concept of bringing the joy of easy telephoto shooting to photographers everywhere, it’s the world’s smallest and lightest* 70-300mm zoom lens at 148mm (5.8 in), 545g (19.2 oz) and maximum diameter of 77mm, and delivers exceptional image quality.
Its Moisture-Resistant Construction provides greater protection when shooting outdoors and the lens shares the 67mm filter diameter common to all members of Tamron’s lens series for full-frame mirrorless cameras. The lens also takes full advantage of in-camera features, including Sony’s Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF that support a fantastic shooting experience. The 70-300mm F4.5-6.3 is a highly practical lens that makes the excitement of telephoto shooting easier than ever before across a diverse range of shooting styles including landscapes, sports and other athletic events, wildlife, portraits, and more.
* Among 300mm-capable telephoto zoom lenses for full-frame mirrorless cameras (As of July, 2020: Tamron).
1. The world’s smallest and lightest size brings you the joy of easy telephoto shooting.
2. Superb optical performance including high image quality and aberration correction.
3. The AF drive system is powered by the RXD stepping motor unit for high-speed, high-precision and quiet operation.
4. Moisture-Resistant Construction contributes to a comfortable, user friendly photographic experience.
Source: Tamron Co., Ltd.